- Mar. 2012: A group of generous monthly and one time donors provides the initial and continual
funds needed to launch a Not-For-Profit organization focused on connecting youth to adult
- · Apr. 2012: Board of Directors draft bi-laws and Kevin Christiansen chosen to serve as Executive
- June 2012: Kevin and his wife Debbie attended a Conference dedicated to loose leaf tea to connect
with vendors and gain knowledge and skills at crafting quality tea.
- July 2012: After a decision to postpone pursing a fixed location cafe, the board made the wise
decision to instead launch a mobile version of the cafe. This developing mobile model would
become the vision for launching additional cafes in the future.
- Jan. 2013: The board makes the decision to begin pursuing a fixed location for the cafe.
- Dec. 2013: Open first café located inside Fairlawn Plaza Mall.
- Feb. 2013: Café Barnabas hosts the first of many free concerts. Featured Artist: Manic Drive
- Feb 2013: Café Barnabas hosts first of many free lunches for student and youth pastors
- May 2015: Café Barnabas Signs lease on Second café located at West Ridge Mall in Topeka, KS.
- July 2015: West Ridge Mall location Opens
- Sept 2015: Decision is made to close the Fairlawn Plaza café.
- Nov. 2015: Mobile Launch of Wisconsin Café
- Summer 2016: Community Wide Outreach Program in partnership with 7 local churches, Harvester’s, WestRidge Mall, and BSM